Monday, June 29, 2009

Lex ALMOST gets and Iphone

Greg and I take Lex to the Apple Store to cheer him up after Peter left to go with my parents. Lex was so sad and crushed when Peter didn't come home with us, my heart was breaking for him. So like any good parents, Greg and I bribed him with a trip to the Apple Store and we told him he could stay up late. Let's just say Lex's sadness seemed to evaporate at that point, and he declared things were just fine without his brother.

So, we get to the Apple Store and Lex is trying out all the devices. He is in 5 year old heaven at this point because we let him touch all the displays. Eventually Lex finds an Iphone that he just has to have . . . now when your 5, if someone lets you touch something, it's as good as your own. Lex decides to just pull off that pesky cord that's holding the phone to the table, this way he can walk around with the phone and do what he'd like. The security alarms are going off quite loudly in the store and EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT US! Lex has no idea that his action caused this alarm to sound. The Apple staff comes over and disables the alarm and promptly removes the phone from display.

As I am explaining to the staff in the store that my 5 year old just really wants one, and it wasn't Greg and I that set off the alarm, Lex is walking around saying "I don't steal things, I thought I could have that phone, I thought I had enough money to buy it, I did just find a quarter on the floor."


4 comments:

  1. hahahahha that is so funny i just laughed out loud - I can just picture him saying that

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw classicallymodern is me - wini

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to asking him how his iphone is coming along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a quarter! Do you think that's enough? Lex rocks!

    ReplyDelete