Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Grass Isn't Greener . . .

Three days in a row of work is enough.  Honestly, I always fantasize about working more, but I'm much happier at home.  Seriously, the commuting, the productivity, the paper work, documentation, etc is daunting and exhausting.  It is so much work homeschooling the boys, but I'd rather be doing it.  Yes, I'd rather spend my days perseverating over math programs and repeating myself 1000 times about the same things.  I am so guilty of the "grass is greener" syndrome.  I always ASSUME that my life would be more perfect if . . . .  

I WANT to be with my kids all day! Sometimes it helps to go to work to know that this is what I really do want.  Yes, I have made the choice to stay home, which includes homeschooling.  I will have to re-read this post several times over the weeks and months to remind myself that no matter what choices we make, there is no such thing as "perfect."


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to remind you of this when the kids are still at the table working on math!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy the life you have!! You truely are amazing and are great at everything you do! Mum, wife, daughter, teacher, physio, skinny chick, friend, the list is daunting! And remember:

    If 'if and buts' were fruits and nuts, we'd all have a freaking good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete